A man is attempting to file a lawsuit against the TSA after claiming his baby ended up face down on the floor bleeding as a result of TSA workers breaking his son’s cradle carrier at Newark Liberty Airport.

The incident, which occurred earlier this year, came to light during an interview on the Alex Jones Show, during which Kevin Ryan spoke of his horror at the TSA’s refusal to help him as his baby lay prostrate in need of medical attention.

The incident occurred in the Continental Airlines terminal at Newark Liberty as Ryan and his wife passed through security to catch a flight to Baltimore. Being quite late at night, there was no queue at security whatsoever and therefore no reason to rush, and yet as soon as they approached, Ryan said his family was “accosted” by TSA workers and yelled at to get a move on.

TSA workers then yanked his son’s baby blanket from underneath him, causing the baby to cry as they lectured Ryan that he couldn’t take it through the metal detector.

After Ryan removed his baby son from the portable baby cradle in order to pass through the metal detector, the cradle was pushed through the x-ray scanner sideways and came out the other side broken. Ryan’s wife later said she saw TSA workers break the cradle as they forced it through the scanner.

TSA workers then began yelling at Ryan again as he tried to secure his son in the broken cradle.

“Just after picking up my son and walking maybe three to five feet away from the conveyer belt, he fell out of the cradle, one reason for that being that he wasn’t fastened in, one reason being that they had apparently broken the cradle,” said Ryan.

“My son fell on the ground and was bleeding and crying extensively, there was blood coming out of his nose, his lip was busted, he was bleeding, ” added Ryan.

Ryan attempted to use his cell phone to call an ambulance, but noticing he had no signal, repeatedly asked the two TSA workers on duty to contact 911.

“They acted as if they didn’t see me, they just went about their business….rolled their eyes, meanwhile my baby is shouting and crying and bleeding” said Ryan, describing the scene as “horrific,” adding that the TSA agents did little other than smirk at Ryan and his stricken baby.

Ryan and his wife’s saving grace was an airport janitor who came rushing over and allowed them to use her cell phone to call for an ambulance.

After an ambulance and the police arrived, Ryan told the police officer he would like to file charges against the individual TSA officers involved but after identifying them was told by the police officer to immediately leave the airport.

Ryan’s baby son spent the best part of the night in hospital with a busted lip and broken cartilage in his nose as a result of the fall.

Accusing the TSA agents of behaving as if they didn’t have souls for their lack of action, Ryan expressed his view that “the TSA would have let my son even God forbid die there if that was the case rather than act.”

“I cannot imagine why they would have that much hostility towards a baby,” he added.

Comparing the TSA with security at European airports, Ryan, who is a frequent flier, said his family were treated politely and with special consideration at every other airport they passed through.

“It’s something that I thought I would never live to see, especially in the United States of America,” said Ryan, adding that he thought he had arrived in a “post-apocalyptic world” because of the bizarre treatment he was subjected to at the hands of the TSA.

“It was as though I had flown back not to the actual United States but to a type of twilight zone,” said Ryan.

Ryan said he had tried for the best part of a year to get a lawyer to take on his case but that every one has told him “There is no point fighting the TSA,” because the agency was “a very powerful engine to go up against.” He stressed that he doesn’t care about a financial settlement, but merely wants to publicize what happened to his family in an effort to prevent a similar thing happening to others.

When he complained to the TSA, the agency responded by reviewing video footage of the incident and subsequently claimed the actions of TSA screeners were “inkeeping with official policy.”