Elite use technology and dirty tricks to undermine truth tellers
Documents released by NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden reveal how the NSA conducts information war against the alternative media.
Source: Kurt Nimmo |
Working in tandem with GCHQ – the British Government Control Headquarters – the NSA is engaged in a full court press against news and information outlets beyond the fortress walls of the Mockingbird media.
Infowars.com and Alex Jones have fallen victim to this disruptive behavior, specifically under Silverlord, a psychological operation designed to remove content from Youtube accounts the government considers “extremist,” in other words accounts carrying information the government does not want disseminated.
According to Glenn Greenwald the NSA and GCHQ disrupt media and engage in dirty tricks against enemies in a number of ways, including:
• “Change outcome of online polls” (UNDERPASS)
• “Mass delivery of email messaging to support an Information Operations campaign” (BADGER) and “mass delivery of SMS messages to support an Information Operations campaign” (WARPARTH)
• “Disruption of video-based websites hosting extremist content through concerted target discovery and content removal.” (SILVERLORD)
• “Active skype capability. Provision of real time call records (SkypeOut and SkypetoSkype) and bidirectional instant messaging. Also contact lists.” (MINIATURE HERO)
• “Find private photographs of targets on Facebook” (SPRING BISHOP)
• “A tool that will permanently disable a target’s account on their computer” (ANGRY PIRATE)
• “Ability to artificially increase traffic to a website” (GATEWAY) and “ability to inflate page views on websites” (SLIPSTREAM)
• “Amplification of a given message, normally video, on popular multimedia websites (Youtube)” (GESTATOR)
• “Targeted Denial Of Service against Web Servers” (PREDATORS FACE) and “Distributed denial of service using P2P. Built by ICTR, deployed by JTRIG” (ROLLING THUNDER)
• “A suite of tools for monitoring target use of the UK auction site eBay (www.ebay.co.uk)” (ELATE)
• “Ability to spoof any email address and send email under that identity” (CHANGELING)
• “For connecting two target phone together in a call” (IMPERIAL BARGE)
In February Greenwald reported that GCHQ had used its Joint Research Intelligence Group to infiltrate targeted groups online and destroy the reputations of people the government considers a threat.
This is done by inserting “all sorts of false material onto the internet in order to destroy the reputation of its targets” and exploiting “social sciences and other techniques to manipulate online discourse and activism to generate outcomes it considers desirable.”
It is now obvious the establishment is pulling out all the stops in an effort to discredit and destroy the political opposition.
The latest NSA revelations demonstrate the government did not end COINTELPRO as it claimed in the 1970s and has instead created a form of highly sophisticated technological warfare to attack its political enemies.
The Joint Research Intelligence Group’s goals are identical to those of its predecessor – to “expose, disrupt, misdirect, discredit, or otherwise neutralize the activities” of all viable opponents.