The filmmaker’s five-point “Morning After To-Do List” is going viral. You’ll want to read this…
But before you continue to read, check this:
Nearly everyone is aware by now that the United States recently elected Donald Trump to be its next President. While the prospect of the business tycoon being Commander-in-Chief has many figuratively shaking in their boots, it also has some – like filmmaker Michael Moore – more inspired than ever to use the unexpected happening as an excuse to reform the country’s political system.
To offer hope to those who are fearing the next four years under President Donald Trump’s leadership, Moore shared a five-point “Morning After To-Do List” on Facebook that’s gone viral. The activist is challenging citizens to reject fear and embrace the power the populace has when united. He wants everyone – and not just Americans – to “be the change” they want to see and to actually do something that matters.
Once you read the list below, you’ll understand why it’s being shared approximately 30,000 per hour.
Morning After To-Do List:
1. Take over the Democratic Party and return it to the people. They have failed us miserably.
2. Fire all pundits, predictors, pollsters and anyone else in the media who had a narrative they wouldn’t let go of and refused to listen to or acknowledge what was really going on. Those same bloviators will now tell us we must “heal the divide” and “come together.” They will pull more hooey like that out of their ass in the days to come. Turn them off.
3. Any Democratic member of Congress who didn’t wake up this morning ready to fight, resist and obstruct in the way Republicans did against President Obama every day for eight full years must step out of the way and let those of us who know the score lead the way in stopping the meanness and the madness that’s about to begin.
4. Everyone must stop saying they are “stunned” and “shocked.” What you mean to say is that you were in a bubble and weren’t paying attention to your fellow Americans and their despair. YEARS of being neglected by both parties, the anger and the need for revenge against the system only grew. Along came a TV star they liked whose plan was to destroy both parties and tell them all “You’re fired!” Trump’s victory is no surprise. He was never a joke. Treating him as one only strengthened him. He is both a creature and a creation of the media and the media will never own that.
5. You must say this sentence to everyone you meet today: “HILLARY CLINTON WON THE POPULAR VOTE!” The MAJORITY of our fellow Americans preferred Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump. Period. Fact. If you woke up this morning thinking you live in an effed-up country, you don’t. The majority of your fellow Americans wanted Hillary, not Trump. The only reason he’s president is because of an arcane, insane 18th-century idea called the Electoral College. Until we change that, we’ll continue to have presidents we didn’t elect and didn’t want. You live in a country where a majority of its citizens have said they believe there’s climate change, they believe women should be paid the same as men, they want a debt-free college education, they don’t want us invading countries, they want a raise in the minimum wage and they want a single-payer true universal health care system. None of that has changed. We live in a country where the majority agree with the “liberal” position. We just lack the liberal leadership to make that happen (see: #1 above).
Let’s try to get this all done by noon today. — Michael Moore
What are your thoughts? Please comment below and share this news!
This article (Michael Moore’s Post-Election Plan Is Being Shared 30,000 Times An Hour) is free and open source. You have permission to republish this article under a Creative Commons license with attribution to the author and TrueActivist.com.