Home > North Korea, WORLD NEWS > U.S. Commander Of South Korea Gives The Call, ‘We Are Ready For War’

U.S. Commander Of South Korea Gives The Call, ‘We Are Ready For War’

The top U.S. commander in South Korea, Army Gen. Vincent K. Brooks, warned Kim Jong Un’s regime that America and its South Korean ally are prepared for war. The commander made this strong statement a day after Pyongyang conducted its first intercontinental ballistic missile test.

Additionally, Brooks assured that self-restraint is the only detail that separates armistice and war. Also, he explained that as this Alliance missile live fire shows, American military forces are able to change their choice when so ordered by Alliance national leaders. Naturally, the commander’s assertions revealed that a major clash against North Korea could be about to happen.

Far from showing a weaker stance, South Korea’s top military officer Gen. Lee Sun-Jin, who is also chairman of the Republic of Korea Joint Chiefs of Staff, assured they could make resolute decisions anytime if the Alliance Commanders in Chief order. Regarding his words, Brooks told it would be a terrible mistake for anyone to believe anything to the contrary.

While there hasn’t been a military move so far, tensions are running extremely high on the Korean peninsula after Kim Jong Un’s regime tested an ICBM for the first time on Tuesday, which some analysts assure it has a range that could easily reach Alaska. The North Korean dictator has vowed to develop a nuclear weapon that can hit the continental U.S., which President Trump has vowed would not happen on his administration.

Experts believe that even when it remains unknown whether this nation can attach a nuclear warhead to such a missile, this last test marked a significant advance towards that goal. Nevertheless, the Pentagon confirmed on Wednesday that this test was of an ICBM and the first time this country has conducted such a launch.

In fact, a spokesman revealed that the ICBM was detected and tracked for almost 40 minutes, which is the longest time of a flight for any ballistic missile North Korea had launched so far. Naturally, this concerning scenario turns this nation into a serious threat to the national security, not only because of this weapon’s development but also because of Kim Jong Un’s willingness to take the crucial step.

Apparently, the test missile was launched from a new site, which represents a recent tactic seen over the last year and from a mobile launcher, according to Navy Capt. Jeff Davis. Regarding the type of missile launched, he confirmed that it is not one they’ve seen before. While he didn’t express any comment on whether the launch represented a surprise or not, Davis told they watch North Korea very closely.

The Pentagon initially assessed the test to be of an intermediate-range ballistic missile, versus an intercontinental ballistic missile. However, it was deemed an ICBM after further analysis.

Davis explained that upon assessment the missile range was judged it was likely capable of going in excess of 5,500 kilometers, which is basically the main detail that differentiates an IRBM from an ICBM. In addition, Davis told that the Pentagon was still assessing whether the missile’s reentry vehicle, which has a lot of changes of carrying a nuclear payload, survived reentry.

Naturally, the test launched started a flurry of diplomatic and military activity by the Trump administration, being the first situation of this kind after the Syrian missile attack. In fact, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has shown a powerful stance on North Korea’s issue, warning Kim Jong Un that the U.S. won’t tolerate his actions.

Shortly after the launch, the South Korean and U.S. militaries fired surface-to-surface missiles in a live-fire joint exercise that represented a show of force to the communist regime. Additionally, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley requested an emergency U.N. Security Council meeting announcing that in coming days Trump administration would introduce a new resolution against North Korea.

In the middle of this whole situation, President Trump is expected to meet with China’s President Xi Jinping at the G20 economic summit that will take place this weekend in Germany. Experts believe he will discuss what Beijing can do to pressure North Korea, given the fact that both nations have been allies for decades.

While this meeting could represent a turning point in this concerning issue, the Pentagon announced that it had total confidence in its ballistic missile defense capabilities, in case the communist regime decides to execute an attack. In fact, the Pentagon is calling the ICBM test a “limited threat” to America.

  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: