Police are revealing finally what was written on the note that was found with the Las Vegas murderer Stephen Paddock.
What was on the note?
Officers who tried to confront the killer in his hotel room were interviewed on “60 Minutes,” and said that it included hand-written calculations on where Paddock needed to aim in order to maximize the number of fatalities and injuries to the concertgoers below.
“I could see on it he had written the distance, the elevation he was on, the drop of what his bullet was gonna be for the crowd,” Officer Dave Newton from the Las Vegas Police Department’s K-9 unit said.
“So he had that written down and figured out so he would know where to shoot to hit his targets from there,” he concluded.
He said that the note was left by a nightstand near the window that Paddock had broken open.
What else did they find in the hotel room?
Police have reported earlier what they found:
- Twenty-three weapons
- Two tripods were positioned at the hotel windows and described as a “sniper’s nest.”
- Hundreds of rounds of ammunition were also at the ready.
- Ten suitcases were also in the room; police believe they were used to bring in the weapons.
There was also a short video of the scene just outside the room.
What are the latest developments in the Las Vegas massacre?
- Investigators found that Stephen Paddock took numerous trips to the Middle East while on vacation
- Jimmy Kimmel is doing what he can to politicize the event as much as possible
- And Kimmel is being mocked by many on the right for his brazen political advocacy
- The “mystery woman” seen with the shooter has been revealed
- The NRA is joining many Republicans in calling for a ban on “bump stocks” that the killer used.