- Last week, the New York Times published a report detailing the $32million Bill O’Reilly paid to settle yet another sexual harassment lawsuit
- On a Times podcast on Monday, the reporters posted audio of their interview with O’Reilly
- He told the reporters after the interview: ‘This is c**p and you know it!’
- O’Reilly was fired from Fox News in April, after the Times reported how he had paid millions over the years to settle sexual harassment claims
- The story published last week detailed a claim that hadn’t been reported before
- O’Reilly paid $32m to settle claims by Fox News legal analyst Lis Wiehl in January
- A month later Fox News resigned him to a four-year contract
When New York Times reporters confronted Bill O’Reilly with evidence that he paid $32million to settle a sexual harassment claim in February, the former Fox News host went berserk.
On Monday, the Times released audio from part of Michael S. Schmidt and Emily Steel’s interview with O’Reilly, before their expose was published last Friday.
The reporters had finished their interview with O’Reilly, and had already turned off their main recording device when he went on a angry tirade.