Sylvester Stallone claims the recent sexual assault claims made against him are designed to “destroy his reputation” following his support for President Trump.
In what appears to be a well coordinated attack by the Democrats, Sylvester Stallone has been accused of raping a woman in 1990 – a claim that has been thoroughly debunked already.
Earlier this year, Stallone praised Trump for his “refreshing honesty”, claiming “we know where we stand with him. With Obama we had a snake oil salesman, a total actor, working against our interests.”
Mercurynews.com reports: A spokesperson for the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office told the Hollywood Reporter and other outlets that the office is reviewing the case, which was presented to them Wednesday by the Santa Monica Police Department. But the rep didn’t specify what the allegations involve.
Media reports over the past year have described at least two alleged incidents involving the 71-year-old “Rocky” star. The first involves the rape allegation from 1990, and a source close to the investigation said that this is the case being reviewed by prosecutors.
Santa Monica police said in December they were investigating the claim made by an unidentified woman, despite the expiration of the statute of limitations, which in California is 10 years for sexual assault or battery.
In December, Stallone vehemently denied sexual assaulting anyone through his attorney Martin Singer. The actor admitted that he had spent three days with the woman in Israel during a movie shoot in 1987, but denied seeing her at all in 1990. Singer also announced that the actor was contemplating pursing charges against the woman — for filing a false police report.
On Wednesday, a representative for Stallone repeated that the actor intended to press a case against his accuser.
“We have already notified the police that my client wants to file a claim against the woman for filing a false police report,” the rep told THR. “My client categorically disputes the claim and it is apparent that the woman filed the report to get a media outlet to publish the story.”
The second alleged incident of sexual assault involving Stallone was said to have happened in 1986 at a Las Vegas hotel. The Daily Mail in November reported that it had obtained a police report alleging that Stallone forced a 16-year-old girl into a threesome with himself and his bodyguard, Mike De Luca, at a Las Vegas hotel.
The accuser said she consented to have sex with Stallone but not De Luca, and that Stallone threatened to “beat her head in” if she told anyone.
“This is a ridiculous, categorically false story,” a spokeswoman for Stallone said in a statement at the time. “No one was ever aware of this story until it was published today, including Mr. Stallone. At no time was Mr. Stallone ever contacted by any authorities or anyone else regarding this matter.”
The increasing scrutiny on allegations against Stallone come in the wake of the #MeToo movement and reports about widespread sexual abuse allegedly perpetrated by Harvey Weinstein and other powerful men in Hollywood.
Up until late last year, Stallone had been enjoying a career resurgence following the critical and box-office success of “Creed,” the 2015 sequel to his “Rocky” films. He also co-wrote and will reprise his role as Rocky Balboa in “Creed 2.”
He was most recently seen with President Donald Trump in the Oval Office in May, when the president granted a posthumous pardon to boxing’s first black heavyweight champion, Jack Johnson, Time reported.
The president cleared Johnson’s name more than 100 years after he was convicted by an all-white jury for violating the Mann Act for traveling with his white girlfriend. The Mann Act made it illegal to transport women across state lines for “immoral” purposes.
Strangely though, a photograph of Stallone standing next to Trump in the Oval Office makes it into a four-minute video the Trump Administration recently made to persuade Kim Jong Un to rejoin the world community. Then again, Kim is known to be a big fan of the “Rocky” series, Time reported.