Mounir el-Motassadeq is overjoyed to be home at a suburb of Marrakesh, where he is now living in the family home with his wife and children.


One of only two people who’ve been convicted for the 9/11 terror attacks that killed nearly 3,000 people has been released from jail in Germany and is now living freely in a suburb of Marrakesh.

Mounir el-Motassadeq was the ‘treasurer’ for the 9/11 hijackers, but apparently spent less than 15 years in jail for his acts.

The terrorist was friends with Mohamed Atta, who murderously crashed a plane into the North  of the World Trade Center, ‘and was one of the ringleaders of the Hamburg Al Qaeda cell who planned the atrocity.’

El-Motassadeq faced trials, appeals, and overturned convictions for nearly five years. He arrived in Germany in 1993, studying electrical engineering at Hamburg’s Technical University.

Prosecutors believed he met Mohamed Atta there, and was part of the radical Islamic group founded by Atta.

Investigators learned he had power of attorney over Marwan al-Shehhi’s bank account. Al-Shehhi’s was the murdering terrorist who piloted one of two planes flown into the World Trade Center.

El-Motassadeq was also proven to have arranged a bank transfer for some of the cell’s members. He knew when they were in the US and where they acquired their pilot training.

After being originally convicted for ‘2003 of membership of a terrorist organization and 3,066 counts of accessory to murder related to the 9/11 deaths,’ the verdicts were overturned in the German court system, and the terrorist was finally imprisoned for being an accomplice in the deaths of the 246 people on the airplanes.

“The courts ruled he was aware Atta, al-Shehhi and Ziad Jarrah – three of the 9/11 hijackers – planned to take over and crash the planes, even though he might not have known the specifics of the plot.”

Prosecutors delivered evidence that he “watch the attackers” backs and concealed them by paying their tuition fees, rent, and other obligations.

“This was so they could keep up appearances as students in Germany as they plotted.”

The terrorist admitted ‘attending an Al Qaeda training camp sponsored by Osama Bin Laden in Afghanistan in 2000,’ and also signing Atta’s will.

Although there have been over 1,200 arrests, other men suspected of being involved in the attacks have been waiting on the justice system.

The only other person to be convicted is Zacarias Moussaoui.

He is serving six life sentences after pleading guilty to being part of the plot. He was picked up on an immigration charge less than a month before the fatal act, taking flight lessons in Oklahoma. He eventually admitted that he was supposed to fly a fifth plan into the White House.

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the self-described architect of the attacks, and his four alleged co-conspirators, are still awaiting trial.”

Mohammed, who was arrested in 2003, is currently at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, and prosecutors have indicated that jury selection may start in January.

El-Motassadeq is banned from re-entering Germany until 2064, as part of the release.

“The Hamburg cell he was part of was a group of radical Islamists including students based in the German city who eventually became key operatives in the 9/11 attacks.”

“Important members included Atta, who led the four hijacking teams and piloted American Airlines Flight 11, which flew into the North Tower of the World Trade Center; al-Shehhi, who piloted United Airlines Flight 175 which hit the South Tower; and Jarrah, who flew United Airlines Flight 93 which crashed in a field in Pennsylvania after passengers thwarted an attempt to attack Washington DC.”

It seems like there has been less than justice delivered in Germany for this terrorist, many people argue. Of course, the Islamization of that country has been going strong over the last few years, so perhaps that led to the release?

Either way, the bottom line is that a man who helped Muslims kill over two thousand innocent non-combatants is now being welcomed with open arms by his people.

He was “seen wearing glasses and a red top, getting into a BMW with his bearded brother, who was wearing a black robe and carrying a walking stick, and two other men.”

“A couple of hours later he returned carrying a bottle of water and his mobile phone, and headed straight back into the house.”

God forbid they are plotting again.