A border wall is great – when it works.
Unfortunately, there are still areas that have yet to be built.
Then, this kind of stuff happens…
From American Mirror:
In the Buenos Aires National Wildlife Refuge in Arizona, there’s a special place where folks trek by the dozens to start their new lives in the land of opportunity.
It’s the spot where the U.S.-Mexico border fence ends, leaving a wide-open invitation for illegal immigrants, drug smugglers, human traffickers and anyone else to come and go as they please.
Wednesday morning a group of 66 people, mostly family units, crossed the border where the fence ends east of Sasabe. Video shows the group approaching the fence and walking to the end. 30% of apprehensions in the #TucsonSector are family units surrendering to #BorderPatrol.
This is all because of Democrat rhetoric. Their nonsense is working as emotion often wins out.
Three fathers who were separated from their young children when they tried to migrate to the US want millions of dollars in compensation from the US government for the toll the months of separation took on their families.
The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) and law firm Covington & Burlington filed administrative claims Thursday seeking damages from the US government on behalf of three men who were separated from their children at the border. The separation caused lasting harm for the families, the advocacy group and law firm said in a news release.
The filings describe children who cry in the night, refuse to eat and are fearful of going out, and parents struggling with guilt and anxiety.
“Thousands of children, parents and entire families will suffer the rest of their lives as a result of this administration’s intentionally cruel family separations,” said Michelle Lapointe, senior supervising attorney at the SPLC.
The claims are seeking $3 million in compensation per person, or a total of $6 million per separated family, the SPLC told CNN. If the government does not respond to the claims within six months, the fathers can go on to sue the government in federal court.
The Trump administration is set to take new action. And it’s kind of a big deal…
From Daily Wire:
The Trump administration has started notifying illegal aliens that they are going to be subjected to massive fines — up to nearly $500,000 — for failing to leave the United States after being ordered to do so.
“The Department of Homeland Security sent out a batch of notices across the country to targeted individuals ordering them to pay fines of up to nearly $500,000 for ‘failing to depart the U.S. as previously agreed,’ among other factors,” NPR reported. “The letters come as the Trump administration prepares to carry out delayed immigration sweeps of migrant families who have received deportation orders. President Trump said Monday, while signing legislation providing $4.6 billion in funding to address the influx of migrants from Central America, that the immigration raids will begin after the July 4 holiday if Congress can’t pass new restrictions on asylum laws.”
NPR obtained a notice that was sent by a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officer to an illegal alien notifying them that “It is the intention of ICE to order you pay a fine in the amount of $497,777.”