Source: The Free Thought Project
As TFTP reported last week, Canadian truckers, although they were threatened, ridiculed and slandered by their prime minister, launched a massive convoy across the country in protest to the tyranny facing their fellow citizens. Tens of thousands of truckers traveled across the country and ended up in Ottawa where an incredibly inspiring days-long protest began and is still happening today.
Despite the best efforts of the mainstream media and the establishment to turn this into a divisive partisan issue by painting the trucker convoy as a group of far-right white nationalists, the truth prevailed, showing the world that these brave folks are from all walks of life. There is no left and there is no right — there is only freedom.
Because the convoy and subsequent protest has been met with so much support and success, planning for a similar convoy in America began days ago. The group is known as “Convoy to D.C. 2022,” and it was receiving widespread support.
However, like the truckers in Canada, there are folks in the United States who seek to silence and demonize those who attempt to stand up for freedom. Last week, the group launched a Facebook page which grew exponentially since then, amassing 100,000 followers in only days.
However, on Wednesday, Facebook, without warning, wiped the group from their platform as well as the people who started it. The mission, as stated on the now-deleted page was simple:
“We are part of many large groups who believe in our founding fathers. We believe everyone has a voice. We support our freedom. Help us spread the word about this group and together we all can make it a better place. God Bless America.”
Sounds like some domestic terrorists, right?
Jeremy Johnson, a trucker who helped to set up the Facebook group, received no warning and no means of appeal on Wednesday when his group was removed as well as his personal profile.
“They like to silence people that speak the truth,” Johnson said.
When asked about the ban by a spokesperson for FOX News, Facebook’s parent company, Meta, claimed that the group violated policies regarding QAnon. This is a point disputed by Brian Brase, co-organizer of the event, who says they removed any QAnon stuff as soon as it popped up.
“I have to laugh about that. Can they contact me or something? Can we talk? That’s not true,” he said. “They actually had offered the administrators to remove content and then request to review again. They didn’t even give that option.
“They literally wiped Mike Landis and Jeremy completely out of Facebook,” he said. “They don’t even have a profile anymore, so how are you supposed to request a review or remove anything?”
As we predicted during the great social media purge, however, once they can censor the dolts who follow QAnon, they can censor anyone. Now, they are using this power to silence peaceful truckers attempting to seek positive change.
Landis, who is also a trucker said they planned this convoy because Americans are tired of “government overreach” and they want to make a peaceful statement.
Brase made sure to reiterate that this is a peaceful protest and is not some right wing or left wing movement, it is an American one.
“This crosses all genders, all races, all sexual orientations, all occupations,” Brase said. “Truckers might be standing up, but it’s not about the truckers. It’s about America.”
“The government needs to really take a look at what the American people want,” Johnson said. “And they don’t want mandates.”
The American trucker convoy is scheduled to launch March 1. However, according to Johnson, it could begin earlier.
In the meantime, illustrating just how far this censorship goes, the GoFundMe campaign, which has raised over $10 million for the Canadian convoy, has been suspended “pending review.”
Source: The Free Thought Project