US officials confirmed that there were no casualties and that no group has claimed responsibility for strike

Source:  Daily Mail

Multiple rockets have smashed into a U.S. Army base and a Kurdish news channel office in Erbil, Northern Iraq.  

At least a dozen ‘Iranian-produced ballistic missiles’ hit the city in the early hours of Sunday, Governor Omed Khoshnaw confirmed. 

He said it was not clear whether the missiles were targeting the American consulate at the site, or the airport in the city. 

Kurdish and U.S. officials confirmed that there were no casualties in what they’re calling an ‘outrageous attack,’ adding that no group has immediately claimed responsibility for the strike. 

U.S. Marine Gen. Frank McKenzie had warned about attacks in the area back in December, when he told The Associated Press that while American forces in Iraq switched to a non-combat role last year, Iran and its proxies ‘still want American troops to leave the country.’ 

TRENDING: HOW TO RECOVER YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM IF YOU TOOK THE VAXX AND NOW REGRET IT

As a result, McKenzie said, ‘that may trigger more attacks’ on American bases. 

No further details were immediately available, but videos posted online appeared to show several ‘Iranian-produced’ ballistic missiles hitting the base in Erbil.   

Iraqi Shi’ite Muslim cleric Moqtada al-Sadr said on Twitter: ‘Erbil is under fire… as if Kurds were not Iraqis.’

The attack came during a pause in Vienna over Tehran’s tattered nuclear deal following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.  

Read more