Posted BY: Wyatt | NwoReport
The family of a 32-year-old man, who died Wednesday while undergoing treatment in a hospital in India, have alleged the staff’s negligence led to the death.
The patient’s family said the staff at the hospital injected him with sweet lime juice instead of plasma or platelets.
The victim has been identified as Pradeep Pandey, who was a sand contractor, in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh, The Times of India reported.
Authorities said Pandey was admitted to the hospital after he tested positive for dengue. Initially, three units of platelets were administered.
Later, the family claimed the hospital had to source some platelet units from “someone at the hospital following which the patient’s condition deteriorated,” a local medical officer identified as Nanak Saran told the Indian Express.
Pandey died the next day.