Posted BY: Teresa | NwoReport

(Natural News) Cats and other indoor pets in and around East Palestine, Ohio, the site of the Norfolk Southern train derailment and controlled explosion, are getting sick and, in some cases, die due to exposure to toxic fumes.

One family in East Palestine lost their cat Leo, who developed labored breathing following the incident. It did not take long after that for Leo to pass, presumably from vinyl chloride poisoning.

“When we got here, I noticed that he was having a hard time breathing,” said Andrea Belden and Zack Cramer to local Ohio CBS affiliate WKBN. “It was very fast. It was very labored. His heart rate was up. I thought that he was just having a panic attack.”

Belden and Cramer gave little Leo food and water before letting him sleep. The next morning, they found that he had not moved at all throughout the night, prompting them to take him to the vet.

“They thought he was having an asthma attack, then they started to tell me, ‘Well, it seems to be a run-of-the-mill congestive heart failure,’” Belden revealed about the details of Leo’s passing.

Leo had developed fluid around his heart that animal doctors attempted to remove but to no avail. The feline’s liver enzymes were also seven times their normal rate.

“When a cat has congestive heart failure, as was explained to us by the vet, that doesn’t affect the liver whatsoever,” Belden and Cramer said.

(Related: Area residents near the derailment site are seething with anger over the government’s downplaying of the severity of the chemical release.)

Trending: With So Many Strange Things Happening, Is It Time To Stock Up On ‘Emergency Food’?

Vet confirms local cat’s sudden death “could be due to vinyl chloride gases”

After Leo’s passing, the Pittsburgh Veterinary Specialty Clinic where he was treated released a statement explaining that the cat’s sudden death “could be due to vinyl chloride gases,” which were released during a “controlled explosion” of the derailed train.

“They said, well, it must have been vinyl chloride poisoning that exacerbated his heart condition because they think that he had a genetic heart condition beforehand that was underlying that may not have been triggered without the vinyl chloride,” Belden added.

Full Story