Posted BY: Allan J. Feifer
General Mike Minihan, a four-star Air Force General who leads the Air Mobility Command, made major shockwaves the other day, stating that he believes our country will be at war with China by 2025. His reasoning:
- Chinese President Xi [Jinping] secured his third term and set his war council in October 2022
- Taiwan’s presidential elections are in 2024 and will offer Xi a baseless reason to invade Taiwan
- U.S. presidential elections will offer Xi a distracted America
- The U.S. has long walked a fine line with its ambiguous “One China” policy, which acknowledges China’s claims to sovereignty over Taiwan without accepting them
Trending: Another Power Grid Attack? LAX Airport Goes Completely Dark After Suffering Power Outage
Additional reasons for concern by 2025:
- Xi has promised his military and civil leaders the necessity of solving the “Taiwan Problem.” Should he be stymied, his political future is at risk.
- China does not manufacture the latest generation of computer chips; they need those for their war machines, aerospace industry, and other high-technology demands. Taiwan controls about ½ of the world’s supply of those chips. Taking Taiwan would be a ‘twofer’ for China to gain the necessary chips for themselves and to deny the West the chips they must have.