‘She had just got her money, and he wanted half of her money.’

Source: Infowars.com

An ex-con is accused of brutally massacring a family in Indianapolis on Saturday after the mother of his baby refused to give him half of her stimulus check.

Malik Halfacre, 58, is accused of killing the 7-year-old daughter of beauty supply shop worker Jeanettrius Moore, her 23-year-old brother Daquan, her 44-year-old mom, Tomeeka Brown, and her 35-year-old cousin Anthony Johnson.

The incident began when Halfacre came to Moore’s home Saturday night demanding half of her stimulus, according to Moore’s cousin, Wendy Johnson.

“He wanted some of Jeanettrius’ tax money, stimulus money,” Johnson told Fox59.com. “She had just got her money, and he wanted half of her money.”

She said, ‘No, you don’t deserve any of this. I work. I take care of our child. You don’t do anything.’

He said, ‘I really want half.’

She said, ‘I’ll give you 450. Take it or leave it.’

He said, ‘I’m gonna get that money.’ This was the day before.”

She said he gave her an evil look and walked off,” said Johnson. “He came back.”

Halfacre reportedly went inside the home and demanded the money from Jeanettrius when her brother Daquan stepped in.

“They’re like, ‘What money? What? What are you talking about?’” Johnson recalled.

“He said, ‘Where’s the money? Where’s the money?’” and started rifling through Jeanettrius’ purse.

Daquan was trying to save his sister. He was taking up for his sister,” described Johnson. “He stood up and said, ‘You cannot have the money. You cannot have her money.’ That’s what she said and pushed Malik, and Malik pulled out the gun and just started killing everybody.

“He shot Daquan first. He shot Anthony. He turned around, and he shot my Auntie Tomeeka. My Auntie Tomeeka said, ‘Malik!’ and he shot her again. He came back and shot Daquan for the second time and somewhere between little Baby Eve got hit somewhere and she was screaming, she was screaming.”

At that point, Halfacre took Jeanettrius and their baby daughter out to a vehicle where he strapped her into a carseat before going back inside the home.

Malik Halfacre (IMPD) (Indianapolis Metro Police Department)

“He went back in the house, and that’s when he shot Anthony again when he was coming down the steps,” Johnson recalled. “When he went in the house, that was Jeanettrius’ cue to run for her life, and that’s what she did. Ran for her life in traffic across New York Street and knocking on everyone’s doors.”

After exiting the home, Halfacre fled with his daughter.

Police were able to find the baby and take Halfacre into custody after a 24-hour manhunt and four-hour long standoff where they utilized tear gas to force him out.

Halfacre was charged with shooting a man 5 times in 2017, but pled guilty to a lesser charge and was released in 2018.

He’s currently being held on preliminary murder, attempted murder and other charges at the Marion County Jail.