Posted BY: Bill | NwoReport
Chinese spy balloons were discovered over the Middle East, but the surveillance craft did not pose any threat to the United States or allied forces, according to U.S. Air Force.
Commander of U.S. Air Forces Central Command, Lt. Gen. Alexus Grynkewich, noted that they have seen high-altitude balloons in the region before but have not been a threat, according to Fox News.
Grynkewich added that those have “not been something of concern for us.”
Department of Defense Press Secretary Brig. Gen. Patrick Ryder said last week that the surveillance program operates over at least five continents, such as Latin America, Southeast Asia, East Asia, and Europe.
The first Chinese spy balloon was shot down on February 4 over the Atlantic Ocean. It entered American airspace on January 28 and was found flying over Montana, as reported by The New York Times.
The first discovery of the spy balloon prompted State Secretary Antony J. Blinken to cancel his scheduled trip to China.
On February 10, an unidentified flying object was shot down off Alaska and over Canada on February 11.
Recently, an object was shot down over Michigan’s Lake Huron. The object was reported to have first appeared over Montana.
Trending: So many people recently ‘died suddenly’ – What’s going on?
China Accusing U.S.
China claimed on Monday that the United States had deployed spy balloons into Chinese airspace more than 10 times since January 2022 without the Chinese government’s permission.
The Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson, Wang Wenbin, also noted that the U.S. was using warships and planes to collect intelligence on China 657 times since the start of 2022, as reported by NPR.
Wang went on to say that it was proof that the United States is “without a doubt the world’s largest surveillance habitual offender and surveillance empire.”
The Chinese official further said that the United States should first look at itself and change course instead of “smear and instigate a confrontation.”
The spokesperson for the U.S. National Security Council, John Kirby, refuted claims made against the U.S.