Source: Simon Kent
A World Health Organization (W.H.O.) call for a new audit of Chinese laboratories previously linked to the first outbreaks of the coronavirus was rejected Monday by Beijing. Instead China claimed the U.S. poses greater dangers and should be the source of future lines of inquiry.
UPI reports Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian told a regular press briefing W.H.O. Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus’ proposal made last week is “different from the position of many countries, including China.”
In February, a team of W.H.O. experts visited the Wuhan Institute of Virology, where a team of Chinese scientists were studying bat coronaviruses. The W.H.O. team said after the trip the source of the coronavirus “remains unidentified,” as Breitbart News reported.