Posted BY: Gateway Pundit

Five people were killed on Thursday by a shooter dressed in camo in a wooded area in east Raleigh, North Carolina.

According to police, the killer is a 15-year-old boy with a ‘baby face.’

The teen suspect, who has yet to be named, is currently hospitalized and in critical condition.

A motive for the mass shooting is still unclear.

“I heard two gunshots and they were really loud so I knew something was close by and then I heard three other gunshots,” said Robert, a witness who spoke with WRAL. “I saw him basically pass my house in the backyard. He had a long barrel shotgun. He was dressed in camo. He had a full backpack on that was also camouflage.”

Trending: Joe Biden is destroying America Worst Inflation In 40 Years

The mass shooting took place near the Neuse River Greenway Trail, near Osprey Cove, according to media reports.

According to witnesses, the killer used a shotgun during his shooting spree, however, police did not confirm the type of weapon used in Thursday’s shooting.

An off-duty officer and a 16-year-old boy are among the victims killed on Thursday.

ABC News reported:

Police are searching for answers after a teenager allegedly killed five people, including a police officer, in a mass shooting along a nature trail in Raleigh, North Carolina.

Among the victims was Raleigh police officer Gabriel Torres, 29, who was on his way to work when he was shot and killed, according to Raleigh police chief Estella Patterson.

The four others killed were identified as Nicole Conners, 52; Susan Karnatz, 49; Mary Marshall, 35; and James Roger Thompson, 16. Police did not say what — if any — connection the victims had to the suspect.

Two others were injured.

The unnamed suspect, who local police described as a 15-year-old boy, was taken into custody with life-threatening injuries, according to a memo issued by the Department of Homeland Security and obtained by ABC News. It’s not clear if the suspect’s injuries were self-inflicted, the memo said.

The suspect was still hospitalized in critical condition as of Friday morning, according to the police chief.