Joe Biden met with Hunter Biden’s business partner, Eric Schwerin, at the White House 19 times as Vice President, according to a new report.
Schwerin was welcomed at the White House a total of 19 times between 2009 and 2015, according to Barack Obama’s White House visitor logs the New York Post reported Saturday. The contact between Joe Biden and Schwerin directly contradicts Joe Biden’s repeated claims he was never involved in the family business. The Post’s reporting adds a twelfth instance Joe Biden has been involved in the family’s business scheme.
In November 2017, Schwerin met with Joe Biden in the West Wing. Schwerin was the president of the infamous but now-dissolved investment fund Rosemont Seneca Partners. According to the Post:
- Meeting with Joe Biden aide Evan Ryan (10/28/2009)
- Meeting with Jill Biden special assistant Meg Campbell (2/13/2010)
- Meeting with Joe Biden assistant Michele Smith (10/24/2010)
- Meeting with Joe Biden (11/17/2010)
- Meeting with Joe Biden assistant Kellen Suber (8/22/2011)
- Meeting with Jill Biden aide Betsy Massey (3/31/2012)
- Meeting with Joe Biden assistant Michele Smith (2/7/2012)
- Meeting with Joe Biden’s Director of Administration Faisal Amin (3/28/2013)
- Meeting with Joe Biden assistant Kathy Chung (5/20/2013)
The logs also reveal that Schwerin met with various close aides of both Joe and Jill Biden at key moments in Hunter’s life when he was striking multi-million dollar deals in foreign countries, including China. Yet President Biden has long insisted he had no involvement in his son’s foreign affairs. “I have never spoken to my son about his overseas business dealings,” he said in 2019.
Of all Hunter Biden’s business associates, Schwerin had the most intimate access to the vice president’s personal finances. His deep involvement in the personal and professional lives of both Bidens were first revealed in emails contained on a laptop abandoned by Hunter Biden at a Delaware computer repair store in April 2019.