Posted BY: Amber Crawford
A mother from New York is suing American Airlines after her son when into cardiac arrest on a flight to Florida and died because the plane’s automatic external defibrillator (AED) was not charged.
Kevin Greenridge, a teenager from New York, was flying to Miami from San Pedro Sula, Honduras, on June 4, 2022, when he suddenly went into cardiac arrest. According to the lawsuit, the crew onboard the flight tried to resuscitate Greenridge, but the onboard AED was not charged.
Despite an emergency landing in Cancun, Mexico, Greenridge did not survive the heart attack.
After suffering the tragic loss of her son, Melissa Arzu filed a lawsuit against American Airlines in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. She is seeking damages and payment of attorney fees.
The lawsuit states that the teen’s death was “caused wholly and solely by reason of the carelessness, recklessness, and negligence of the defendant AMERICAN, its respective agents, servants and/or employees in failing to maintain an automatic external defibrillator on board the subject flight.”
Trending: How Fact-Checking Sites Are Spreading Lies and Disinformation
It also states that American Airlines inadequately trained its employees to deal with basic resuscitation techniques, thus “causing, permitting, and allowing the mobile battery pack to drain down to no power, thereby causing AED to stop working.”
“That as a consequence of the defendant’s negligence in failing to maintain a working defibrillator upon their flight caused, permitted, and/or hastened the untimely death of… Kevin Greenridge,” the suit added.
The lawsuit cites the Aviation Medical Assistance Act of 1998, which states that the law “requires airlines to carry defibrillators aboard each aircraft with flight attendants” and that the emergency devices “must be inspected regularly in accordance with inspection periods established in the operations specifications to ensure its condition for continued serviceability and immediate readiness to perform its intended emergency purposes.”
The Clot Shot strikes again.
I’m an RN & I told my husband there are only 3 things which could have happened.
1. the Jab
2. an congenital aneurysm or congenital cardiac anomaly or 3. Drug overdose
In the age groups from neonates to young adults, as long as they have a healthy heart (96% do)they will stop breathing first. Then as the heart gets starved of O2 it eventually arrests which is different than a ‘Heart Attack’ which is not a Medical term. The correct term is M.I. Myocardial Infarction. This was a teen who died, he should’ve had a healthy heart unless he had a congenital heart condition & the pressurized airplane was too much for a malformed heart (which might not have become stressed under normal conditions) or he had a brain aneurysm which blew from the pressurized environment. I know someone who’s fiance died the first time he flew due to the pressurized airplane.
With all the Fentanyl around, it could’ve been a drug overdose or from the jab. Under normal PREPANDEMIC conditions this sort of stuff would be less than 1% of the population but we no longer live under normal conditions.
Please follow this story and share with your readers. Thanks