“I’m still employed by Fox,” Carlson said in a text message to 19FortyFive. Carlson, however, did not go into detail why he believes his show was canceled.
Posted BY: | NwoReport
Tucker Carlson Tells 19FortyFive He’s Still Employed By Fox: Tucker Carlson might not have a show on Fox News any longer. However, he told 19FortyFive that he was not fired.
Until a week ago, Carlson had the most-watched show on cable news.
“I’m still employed by Fox,” Carlson said in a text message to 19FortyFive.
Carlson, however, did not go into detail why he believes his show was canceled.
Vanity Fair published a rumor that his show got axed because Fox owner Rupert Murdoch was uncomfortable with the religiosity of his address at the Heritage Foundation’s 50th Anniversary gala.
Trending: How Democrats’ Push For Electric Cars Endangers National Security
Tucker Carlson told 19FortyFive that would be hard to prove.
This confirms the ideas championed by former Fox star Megyn Kelly, who was Carlson’s predecessor in the 8 p.m. timeslot. Kelly stated on her Sirius XM show that Fox CEO Suzanne Scott contacted him Monday morning and told him he would not be allowed to do any more shows.
“He was kicked out of his company email, and now he has to negotiate an exit,” Kelly said. “Some reporting to me suggested that it’s going to be an amicable parting … completely catching Tucker off-guard.
Kelly continued: “Tucker’s not fired. That’s my information, that he still needs to negotiate the exit and that right now he’s not free to launch a podcast or a digital show or to negotiate with other employers at all because he’s still under contract. They pulled his show off the air. They also fired his executive producer Justin Wells.”
She also noted that Fox would not tell him why his show was canceled.
“To me, that’s so disheartening. He’s been at the company for years. He had been in the prime time for seven years and saw Fox News through one of the most difficult times in its history,” Kelly said.